Monday, January 06, 2014

Twin Peaks and Transgender Characters

I love Twin Peaks. One of my favorite parts of the show was always David Duchovny's appearance as Dennis/Denise, the transgender DEA agent helping Dale Cooper in Season 2. I am rewatching Twin Peaks right now in order that Marcia Luciani might see it for the first time. Watching it now that I am into my own gender transition and seeing Duchovny's portrayal of the transgender character that David Lynch wrote for Twin Peaks makes me very happy. I'm glad I saw this when I was younger. The first time I saw Twin Peaks was not in 1990 when it came out, but in about 1997 when John Paul and Claire Chancellor Yabraian hosted a group of Rice friends for a watch-a-thon and costume party of Twin Peaks. Yay for David Lynch and Dale Cooper and Denise and David Duchovny and Kyle McLachlan!

No comments: